20 Authentic Benefits of Marijuana
Cannabis is a plant known to the whole world, famous for its healing abilities. But marijuana is banned in the vast majority of world countries because of the proven psychotropic influence on humans. Careless and unrestrained use of cannabis leads to disastrous results.
In the US, marijuana is legalized for medical purposes in 23 states, as well as in the capital of the country. Also, countries such as the Netherlands, the regions of Switzerland, Canada legalized the sale of this plant for therapeutic purposes. True, you can buy it at local pharmacies only on prescription. But even though the researchers have identified some of the amazing benefits of medical marijuana, this aspect has not yet been fully explored.
Many people want to know about this “medicine” better before deciding whether to appoint it or not. And although there is not much data, a small list of marijuana benefits (or at least potential benefits) of marijuana can be made. So…
1. Marijuana can be used to treat glaucoma.
Glaucoma is associated with increased eye pressure and affects the optic nerve, which leads to loss of vision. Marijuana also reduces pressure in the eye. These her properties can slow the spread of the disease and, possibly, prevent blindness.
2. Marijuana can reverse the carcinogenic effects of tobacco and improve the condition of the lungs.
There is much evidence that marijuana does not harm the lungs (unless, of course, you smoke tobacco as well), and one study has shown that marijuana not only does not worsen the lungs, but also increases their capacity. Of course, it is possible that an increase in lung volume is only the result of the fact that when smoking marijuana you need to breathe very deeply. And yet … the study of people who smoked marijuana every day for 20 years, showed that it did not harm them easy.
3. Marijuana can help control epileptic seizures.
A 2003 study showed that the use of marijuana can prevent epileptic seizures in rats. The cannabinoids contained in marijuana (tetrahydrocannabinol) control seizures, associating with brain cells responsible for sensitivity, and regulating the level of relaxation.
4. Marijuana facilitates the symptoms of Drave’s syndrome.
In marijuana there are 79 known active components, but at least two of them, scientists believe, are especially useful. It is cannabidiol, which can affect the brain without causing euphoria, and tetrahydrocannabinol, which has analgesic properties.
5. The chemical found in marijuana does not allow cancer cells to spread (in the laboratory).
This was proved by the scientists of the California Medical Center in San Francisco back in 2007. Cannabidiol stops cancer by “cutting off” a gene called Id-1. Cancer cells clone this gene more and more often than non-cancerous cells, and it is he who helps them spread throughout the body.
6. Marijuana can reduce anxiety.
Smokers of marijuana claim that it helps relieve pain and suppresses nausea – the two main side effects of chemotherapy. In small doses, it can even serve as a sedative. However, too large doses can, on the contrary, cause anxiety and paranoia.
7. Tetrahydrocannabinol can slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Synthetic combination of tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol helps to maintain memory in case of age changes.
8. Marijuana relieves the pain of multiple sclerosis.
Tetrahydrocannabinol binds to receptors in nerves and muscles and alleviates pain. Some studies have also shown that this substance can help control muscle spasms.
9. Marijuana facilitates side effects after treatment of hepatitis C and increases the effectiveness of treatment.
Treatment of hepatitis C is rather complicated, and side effects include weakness, nausea, muscle pain, loss of appetite and depression. All this can last several months. Many were throwing the medication just because of the side effects. However, the 2006 study proved that people who smoked marijuana during treatment were able to withstand the negative effects of side effects from drugs much better.
10. Marijuana treats inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease.
11. Marijuana reduces the level of discomfort from arthritis.
Marijuana alleviates pain, reduces inflammation and helps to fall asleep. Also, marijuana is used to treat autoimmune systemic lupus erythematosus.
12. Marijuana dispels metabolism, so you can throw off excess weight.
They say that users of marijuana are not only slim, but also have a healthier reaction to sugar in their blood.
13. Of course, this is not quite a medical advantage
but … marijuana can trigger a surge of creative inspiration.
Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is not so terrible for mental abilities. In some studies, people “high” worsened short-term memory, but they often gave out creative ideas.
14. Marijuana reduces tremors in people with Parkinson’s disease.
A recent study in Israel showed that marijuana significantly reduces pain and trembling in patients with Parkinson’s disease. In particular, the fine motor skills of patients improved markedly.
15. Marijuana helps soldiers with post-traumatic stress.
Stress is the growth of anxiety and fear, and marijuana helps to relax and soothe.
16. Marijuana protects the brain after a stroke.
In rats, mice and monkeys, marijuana was able to reduce the area of brain damage after a stroke.
17. Marijuana also protects the brain after concussions and injuries.
Now many doctors and researchers believe that marijuana possesses powerful neuroprotective properties.
18. Marijuana can help get rid of nightmares.
Although this item can be both positive and negative. The fact is that marijuana disrupts sleep cycles, and for those who constantly smoke it, this can be a problem.
19. Marijuana reduces pain and nausea after chemotherapy and stimulates appetite.
Most often marijuana for medical purposes is smoked by people undergoing chemotherapy. Usually they suffer from nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. And this can cause additional complications. Marijuana can help overcome these side effects, reduce the feeling of nausea and increase appetite.
20. Marijuana can help people who try to stop drinking.
Marijuana is safer than alcohol. Of course, this does not mean that it is generally safe, but it causes much less addiction and does not do as much harm as alcohol.
But a healing (at first glance) plant can destroy a person’s personality. Its unreasonable use brings a huge amount of negative consequences for the body. Hemp is a drug, dangerous and ruthless.
- Marijuana contaminated with pesticides? Warning! Health Hazard!
- People Who Smoke Marijuana Regularly Have More Sex
- Tobacco Dangers: Health Damage
- 17 Tricks That Will Help Stop Smoking Once And For All
- 20 Proven Marijuana Benefits
- How to Keep a Man Healthy – Useful Tips
- 10 Most Common Legends About Men’s Health.
- Top-5 Products that Promote Good Sleep
- Personal Hygiene and Health – Rules and Tips
- Caffeine in Tea. Energy and Cheerfulness