Dry skin is one of the most annoying and most common skin problems with which either of us sooner or later came across. The air of a metropolis, harmful radiation and frequent weather changes make the skin dry and sensitive. When the skin becomes dehydrated, it loses its elasticity and sometimes begins to peel, crack and sometimes itch. Dry skin is not a disease, and mostly it is caused by external factors.
However, there are several internal factors that can affect the skin condition, this is a state of health and heredity. It is very important to start taking care of dry skin at the very first sign of dryness, because if it remains without care, the way will open for penetration of all kinds of bacteria into the dry skin, which can lead to dermatitis. Sites of dry skin can appear anywhere on the body, mainly on the hands, elbows and ankles. On the face, dry skin appears mainly around the mouth, under the eyes and on the cheeks. Next, you will learn the main causes of dryness, and what can be done home masks for dry skin.
Causes of dry skin
- Dry air is the most common cause of dry skin, especially in winter. Dry air deprives the skin of moisture and leaves it dull and lifeless. Low temperature, low humidity and strong winds worsen the situation. I experienced a dry skin crisis when I lived in San Cristobal de Las Casas, a Mexican town that is in the mountains, at an altitude of more than 2 km at sea level. The air there is very thin and dry, and my skin just withered, I could not save her almost anything.
- Prolonged exposure to water, especially hot water, is also a common cause of dry skin. Hot water flushes out all the natural skin fats that protect the skin, pulls it together and dries.
- Lack of water is also a frequent cause of dryness, as it leads to dehydration of the skin.
- Use of soap. Soap, like hot water, washes away the natural protective fatty layer. Excessive washing of hands with soap can dry up the skin so much that, in extreme cases, it splits to the blood, which opens it up for infections. Choose soft soaps, or find a good tool for washing hands on herbs.
- Some medications, such as diuretics, can give a side effect in the form of dry skin.
- Diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, diabetes – also cause dry skin. The thyroid gland can reduce the amount of fat produced by the body, and as a result, the skin becomes dry and rough. Improper diet and an unbalanced diet can also lead to dry skin. Hormonal changes, especially in women, also dry the skin.
Home remedies for dry skin:
Care for dry skin depends on the causes of dryness. Therefore, products bought without a prescription, containing chemicals, do not always work, and even burn a hole in your pocket. But you can effectively and without damage apply simple home recipes to care for dry skin.
1. Mask of avocado
2. Mask of egg yolk
Take 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of milk powder and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply this paste on the face and all the dry areas. Leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
3. Cucumber Mask
Cucumber is extremely useful for dry skin. It naturally moisturizes dry skin and brightens it. Cut 1 cucumber into a slurry and apply on face. Leave for 30 minutes, then rinse. Do this procedure every day for a week, and the results will not be long in coming.
4. Honey-pink mask for dry skin
Take 1 teaspoon of honey and mix it with 1 teaspoon of rose water. Apply on face and neck. This mixture for the face will cleanse the skin, bring it into tonus and give the skin radiance. This is one of the most useful tools for dry skin.
5. Banana paste
Bananas are also very useful for dry skin. Cut 1 banana and apply a mask to the face. Leave for 30 minutes, then rinse. Not only the banana itself, but also its peel contains many useful elements for the skin. Peel contains a large number of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, which are necessary for skin health. If you rub the banana skin with dry skin plaque, it will reduce skin irritation and return tenderness and softness to the skin.
6. Aloe juice
Generously spread the skin of the face with aloe juice and leave for 30 minutes. If possible, try to avoid the finished purchased gels, and extract it yourself. Just take a leaf of aloe (for sure at home you have a pot, if not, then it’s better to buy – always come in handy), squeeze the juice and apply on the face.
It is not only a wonderful moisturizer, but also a means that forms a protective layer that protects the pores from external contaminants. Aloe juice will make the skin soft and radiant. It also helps to remove dead cells and prevents age-related changes.
7. Mask of egg yolk and olive oil
Mix 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of olive oil and add a few drops of rose oil and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse it with warm water and look at the magical result.
8. Therapy with oil
Take a little olive, almond or coconut oil and massage with oil before the bath. Massage with warm oil will be even better. It will make the skin soft and smooth and leave moisture in the skin after the bath.
9. Almond mask
Soak a few almonds for the night, peel them from the peel and shake them to the state of the paste. Add 2 teaspoons of milk, 1 teaspoon of fine flour and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply mask on face and leave for 20 minutes. Then rinse with gentle massage movements with warm water. This will not only help with dry skin, but also help improve its elasticity.
If you have advice on dry skin care, do not hesitate and share with us!
Why Spend A Fortune In Time And Money Looking for Beauty Products
When You Can Get The Same Exact Results
For A Few Dollars A Month?
The success stories and the numbers speak very clearly
Did you enjoy reading this article? Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates every time a new post is published. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on social networks. Your email will not be shared!! NO SPAM!!
- 10 Signs That You Have Healthy Sexual Life
- What it means to be a woman. The importance of women in the family
- 12 Features – Find out What Distinguishes Woman from Men
- 10 Men’s Secrets – What Men Hide From Women
- Kisses – Benefits And Harms Of Kisses For Women And Men
- 8 Ways to Invite a Man on a Date. Make A Good Impression On a Man!
- How Is Love Expressed In A Relationship. How Is True Love Expressed?