Food of the Gods Recipe – Christmas Candies
The name of this sweet, also known as ambrosia, is associated with a legend of which would be the delicacy of the mists on Olympus.
Legend has it that when the gods offered a little of their manjar to a human, this felt an extreme happiness.
According to Greek mythology, this sweet was powerful enough to it was enough that someone tasted it.
The term ragweed also refers to other sweets, known to be very good, and therefore the association with something divine.
The sweet is perfumed with cinnamon, lemon or vanilla zest, arrived in Brazil with the Portuguese in the 16th century.
It tells the story that in antiquity only the gods of Olympus could delight in the taste of Ambrosia, whose name derives from Greek root which means “immortal.” To mortals, it was only permitted to experience the divine taste with the permission of the gods.
- 500 gr of sugar
- 125 gr of almonds
- 125 gr of cooked rice
- 12 gems
- Lemon shavings
Aloe Vera – Your Miracle Doctor, Fight 80 Disorders From Your Own Kitchen! A Step-by-step Manual For 150 Home And Beauty Remedies Using The Aloe Plant. Learn About The Biogenic Stimulation Method When Making Aloe Juice.
- Bring the sugar to the heat with a glass of water and boil for 2 minutes with the lemon zest.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped almonds, the drained rice, the yolks and stir.
- Bring to the heat again to thicken, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- Serve in bowls or on a platter.
According to some myths, if demigods consume exaggeratedly the Ambrosia will explode in flames. Second Greek mythology was the food of the Olympic gods while nectar would be their drink, both have fragrance and could be used as perfume.
The LivingBetter.pt team wishes you a good appetite!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- Milk Chocolate Jelly Recipe, Super Easy
- Recipe Potato-Accordion With Bacon In The Oven
- Chicken Roll With Cheese, Baked In Puff Pastry
- 20 Tips for Organizing Proper Healthy Nutrition
- How to Sharpen Dull Knives: 4 Infallible, Safe Ways
- 5 Treats And The Reasons To Eat Them
- Cottage Cheese And Fruit Soufflé For Breakfast In 5 Minutes
- Bruschetta: Top-5 Recipes
- Keto Diet Menu
- Dessert Soup Made From Pears With Sage
- Chocolate Petit Fours
- Rice Diet – Improves Health
- Yes-no Cookies. Zakarpatskaya Cuisine
- Bacon With Mushrooms, Bell Pepper
- Potatoes In The Village