Honey Cake – Christmas Cakes
Madeira’s cane honey cake, or simply honey cake, is a typical cake from the Madeira archipelago. As the name suggests, it is prepared with sugarcane honey, tracing its origins to the golden age of sugar production in the archipelago.
Traditionally there were two types of honey-cane cake: the poor and the rich, the latter being distinguished by being rich in nuts, especially nuts.
The honey cake of Madeira can be kept during a whole year and is a traditional holiday delicacy. According to the tradition that still is maintained in some families, the cake must be prepared on December 8, beginning the preparations of Christmas, in whose tables it is habitual presence. It is also tradition to eat the last cakes of the batch of the previous year in this day.
The recipes for easy and quick cakes are the most desired, this honey cake is simply delicious.
- 12 eggs
- 250 g of sugar
- 1 dl of olive oil
- 0.51 honey
- 450 g of flour
- 25 g of fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter, flour and powdered sugar q.s.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, until obtaining a consistent cream. Mix the olive oil and the heated honey, beat a little more and add the flour, mixed with the fennel and cinnamon.
- Wrap everything until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Turn the oven to 180C (356F). Grease a shape with butter, sprinkle with flour and fill it with dough.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Let cool, uncover and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve cold.
Tip: Always choose to use homemade honey, for sale at many grocery stores. If you want to aromatize the cake, buy, at an with lavender or rosemary aroma.
- 101 Sneaky Weight Loss Tricks
- The #1 WORST food for your skin, joints & blood sugar?
- Drink THIS first thing in the morning (3 major benefits)
- These 4 foods accelerate AGING in your body
- Why to STOP eating whole wheat bread, vegetable oils, energy bars, or cereals
- 3 Veggies that FIGHT Abdominal Fat
- 7 “fatty” foods for a flat stomach
- 1 Trick to Flatten Your Stomach While Driving
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- How to Sharpen Dull Knives: 4 Infallible, Safe Ways
- 5 Treats And The Reasons To Eat Them
- Cottage Cheese And Fruit Soufflé For Breakfast In 5 Minutes
- Bruschetta: Top-5 Recipes
- Keto Diet Menu
- Dessert Soup Made From Pears With Sage
- Chocolate Petit Fours
- Rice Diet – Improves Health
- Yes-no Cookies. Zakarpatskaya Cuisine
- Bacon With Mushrooms, Bell Pepper
- Potatoes In The Village
- Meat Cutlets (rolls) With Mushrooms
- Fritters apple Priscan
- Cutlets In Kiev Classic Style
- Fried Pies With Chicken – Russian Cuisine
- Chicken with Chestnuts
- Walnut And Carrot Cake – Christmas Cakes
- Golden Soup Recipe – Christmas Candies
- Roasted Goatling In The Oven With Potatoes
- Honey cake from Madeira
- Christmas Almond Trunk – Christmas Candies
- Potato Gratin With Grated Cheese
- Stuffed Christmas Turkey
- Food of the Gods Recipe – Christmas Candies
- Corn Cookies Recipe – Christmas Candies
- Pear and Cinnamon Tart – Christmas Cakes
- Salmon Fillets with Sauteed Cabbage
- Pork Fillet Stuffed with Blood Sausage and Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Christmas Chicken Soup
- Oyster Soup
- What Bad Habits Are Inherent In Different Signs Of The Zodiac?
- Astrology: As Above, So Below
- Sexual Compatibility Pisces – Learn More
- Sexual Compatibility Cancer
- Sexual Compatibility Aries
- Sexual Compatibility Taurus
- Leo Fantastic Sexual Compatibility
- Amazing Sexual Compatibility of Virgo
- Monumental Sexual Compatibility Sagittarius
- Vibrant Sexual Compatibility Scorpio
- Tremendous Sexual Compatibility Libra
- Sexual Compatibility of Aquarius
- Sexual compatibility of Capricorn
- Sexual Compatibility of Gemini
- Sexual Compatibility of Zodiac Signs
- Gemini Personality
- Qualities of Zodiac Signs
- What is Astrology