Honey cake from Madeira
The Madeiran Family Cake, also known as the Madeira Honey Cake, is present in the Madeira houses in most family gatherings, with the main highlight in the Christmas season being one of the main Christmas recipes of this region.
It is rich in typical ingredients such as sugarcane honey and Madeira wine. Follow the recipe and delight yourself!
- 500 g yeast wheat flour
- 400 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 250 g butter
- 50 g lard
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 2 dl cane honey
- 1 glass of Madeira wine
- 1 cup milk
- 75 g candied fruits
- 75 g nuts
Aloe Vera – Your Miracle Doctor, Fight 80 Disorders From Your Own Kitchen! A Step-by-step Manual For 150 Home And Beauty Remedies Using The Aloe Plant. Learn About The Biogenic Stimulation Method When Making Aloe Juice.
- Chop the nuts and candied fruits.
- Sift together sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and grated nutmeg. Mix with the fruits and combine everything with sugarcane honey, eggs, milk, Madeira wine and fats (not melted).
- Knead very well and pour the preparation in a greased form with the bottom lined with parchment paper. The shape should be round and have the capacity of 2 liters (24 cm in diameter by 6 in height).
- Bring to a bake in a hot oven 200C (392F) for 1.15 h. about. In the middle of the baking cover the cake with a parchment paper and reduce the heat a little to 180C (356F).
This delicious Madeira Honey Cake or Madeiran Family Cake, can be stored for a month after its confection if properly conditioned.
The LivingBetter.pt team wishes you a good appetite!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- How to Sharpen Dull Knives: 4 Infallible, Safe Ways
- 5 Treats And The Reasons To Eat Them
- Cottage Cheese And Fruit Soufflé For Breakfast In 5 Minutes
- Bruschetta: Top-5 Recipes
- Keto Diet Menu
- Dessert Soup Made From Pears With Sage
- Chocolate Petit Fours
- Rice Diet – Improves Health
- Yes-no Cookies. Zakarpatskaya Cuisine
- Bacon With Mushrooms, Bell Pepper
- Potatoes In The Village
- Meat Cutlets (rolls) With Mushrooms
- Fritters apple Priscan
- Cutlets In Kiev Classic Style
- Fried Pies With Chicken – Russian Cuisine
- Chicken with Chestnuts
- Walnut And Carrot Cake – Christmas Cakes
- Golden Soup Recipe – Christmas Candies
- Roasted Goatling In The Oven With Potatoes
- Christmas Almond Trunk – Christmas Candies
- Potato Gratin With Grated Cheese
- Honey Cake – Christmas Cakes
- Stuffed Christmas Turkey
- Food of the Gods Recipe – Christmas Candies
- Corn Cookies Recipe – Christmas Candies
- Pear and Cinnamon Tart – Christmas Cakes
- Salmon Fillets with Sauteed Cabbage
- Pork Fillet Stuffed with Blood Sausage and Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Christmas Chicken Soup
- Oyster Soup