Honey is a unique and effective food to improve the cold. It is a sweet that bees make from the nectar of flowers.
Varieties of honey
There are some varieties of honey depending on the nectar of the flowers and the sugary substances from which most bees feed on the hive.
The most suitable types of honey to treat colds and colds are the following:
- Multifloral honey: the most commercialized, formed by the nectar of several flowers, in equal quantity.
- Eucalyptus honey: produced by bees that feed on the nectar of eucalyptus flowers. Dark color and very strong flavor.
The reasons for honey to be an effective remedy for colds is its antibacterial performance. In addition to its many nutritional components, honey contains inhibin which is nothing more than an excellent bactericidal addition to antiseptic.
Consumption of honey
There are several ways to consume honey in cold and cold situations:
- Diluted in hot milk: drink normally as usual.
- Diluted in hot water: gargle.
- In 1 tbsp: consume normally, pure.
After following any of the above procedures, honey relieves the symptoms of the following situations:
sore throat, pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
To relieve other symptoms
One must take into account a consequence that usually arises due to colds or flu, and also to allergies or infections of the respiratory tract: mucus.
In addition, it also usually comes accompanied by other symptoms such as: fever, headache, sore throat, cough, etc …
The excess of mucus is usually a predominant symptom, and among all, the most uncomfortable. Milk and dairy products tend to generally increase mucus. Therefore, when ingested when the amount of mucus is excessive can worsen the discomfort.
Therefore, a home remedy to relieve colds and at the same time prevent the formation of excess mucus is to replace the milk with hot water, mixed with lemon juice and honey.
- 101 Sneaky Weight Loss Tricks
- The #1 WORST food for your skin, joints & blood sugar?
- Drink THIS first thing in the morning (3 major benefits)
- These 4 foods accelerate AGING in your body
- Why to STOP eating whole wheat bread, vegetable oils, energy bars, or cereals
- 3 Veggies that FIGHT Abdominal Fat
- 7 “fatty” foods for a flat stomach
- 1 Trick to Flatten Your Stomach While Driving
- 20 Tips for Organizing Proper Healthy Nutrition
- Health Protection. Transgenic Plants, GMO, Truths, Myths
- Types Of Diets, Their Features, Positive And Negative Sides
- Therapeutic Starvation – Fasting: To Starve Or Not
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Start Running In The Morning
- 15 Simple Effective Ways: Improve Health, Quality Of Life
- Diseases Prevention – Personal Health Care
Did you enjoy reading this article? Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates every time a new post is published. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on social networks. Your email will not be shared!! NO SPAM!!