How to remove scratches on wooden furniture
A shallow scratch on a waxed wooden furniture can often be removed with fine sandpaper and linseed oil, then disguising the area with the application of furniture wax.
If the risk is very deep, you will have to scrape the entire surface and apply a new finish (see varnish) or a veneer of wood. Another alternative to disguise a scratch is to use beeswax to which a wood bit of color a little darker than the scratched surface has been added. Make the wax penetrate the scratch and after a few hours apply polish wax.
If the surface is varnished, use diluted varnish in a little denatured alcohol and apply, as shown in the picture. Smooth with fine wood sandpaper or dry-silicon carbide sandpaper.
Remove the powder and then carefully wipe with polishing wax. Denatured alcohol does not damage polyurethane varnish or cellulose lacquer, which. otherwise they are not easy to scratch.
How to disguise dents. Use wood bitumen in a suitable color. You can also use beeswax to which you have added a suitable color; melt it in a spoon, let it drip into the dent, and as soon as it has hardened, scrape off excess with a beard, smoothing with a fine sandpaper before applying a polish. Alternatively, you can try to ‘fill’ the dough by swelling the wood with a damp cloth and an iron (see engraving), However, make sure before it is a veneer. When the wood has swollen, sand and apply a polish.
How to disguise risks and small dents
Risks: In varnished wood, use a soft brush to apply diluted varnish along the scratch towards the shaft. Let it dry and apply again. Repeat until the surface is slightly protruding.
Holes: Cover the area with a damp cloth. Iron it, but keep it moving. Allow a few hours for the wood to swell. If necessary, iron again.
- 35 Tips For Clothing Care and Storage
- How to Sharpen Dull Knives: 4 Infallible, Safe Ways
- How to Plant Juicy Plants in a Book – DIY
- How To Sew A Leather Jacket – Diy
- Stretching Tight Shoes: 3 Simple Effective Ways
- Weird But Brilliant Hacks To Make Your House Smell Like A Dream
- 10 Budget Ideas For Bedroom Decor
- Remove Stains From Clothes – Tips That’ll Save You So Much Money
- 7 Super Simple Tricks You Will Use Every Time You Clean The Bathroom
- 9 Effective Ideas For The Bathroom, Which Will Make Your Life Easier
- 10 Super Easy Ways To Lose Weight
- How To Organize Your Home: 7 Ideas, Tested On Personal Experience
- Home Face Mask After 60 Years
- A Few Useful Recipes For Skin Healing
- Recipe For Shining Hair – Sugar Scrub
- How To Make A Body Scrub At Home
- Home Scrub For Body With Sugar
- Home Scrub For Body With Salt
- Body Scrub With Coffee – DIY
- 5 Recipes For Facial Scrubs At Home For All Skin Types
- How to Install a Suspended Treadmill
- Secrets Of Housekeeping
- 10 Useful Tips To Warm A Cold House
- Make Your Vertical Garden Spending Little
- How to Put Paper on the Wall
- How To Make a Dog House
- How to Apply Leather Half-Sole
- How to fix a shoe with the sole detached
- How to replace heels in women’s shoes
- How To Repair Worn Heel Boots